Friday, June 20, 2014

Listen to your toes - a lightbulb moment

So, I was just taking look at my toes yesterday, June 19, 2014, now that my foot is getting back to proper anatomy and feeling way better, and I realized that the callouses I had on each pinky toe, on the bottoms, are gone.  You see, I had these callous shapes of an upside down triangle, I guess that would be the easiest way to imagine it/describe it, on each pinky toe.  As far back as I can remember, I had those things and I never thought anything of it!  So, from a symptom side of things, my toes were "telling" me that my footwear was too tight in the toe box!  I'm so ticked I did not think to pause and ponder that back then.  It was an opportunity for what could have been a great Aha! moment.  But it might still help one of you readers.

So, for those of you that are familiar with the general symptoms, please check the toes of your kids, because I know for sure had the callouses when I was in high school playing football, as well as during college football.  Not to mention, I had the callouses even in the off season when I wasn't in cleats, which means I haven't been in correctly fitting shoes, athletic or otherwise, for more than 18 years.  So, long story short - I think the callous check should be added to the medical symptoms board for Morton's Neuroma.

Happy Healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments and/or replies respectful.