Saturday, August 23, 2014

Working out! An update.

Well, as many of you might have figured out on your own, my updates are becoming less frequent due to the healing of the Morton's Neuroma I had!  So, with it being healed comes all of the things I was able to do before - working out, any outdoor activities with my friends or family, and simply enjoying the "normal" things.  So, I thank God that those troubling times of the MN are behind me.  But I am still hoping and praying that people find this blog, because I think this type of combination that I used allows the person to take a smarter approach to recovery without surgery, BUT this method also allows the person to come into a proper understanding of what he/she should be putting on their feet.

So, back to the update of working out: for a while now, I have been able to fully function for physical activity.  Lifting, running, etc.  I will admit, at first I had a bit of "I better ease into this" attitude, because I had been farting around with that MN for so long it had almost become a habit to be concerned with the "what if's" of if it gets strained or inflamed again.  But I am happy to say it hasn't.  I have been wearing my VFF, Altra, and Vivobarefoot shoes, and barefoot when I can, and things have gone beautifully.  And I will still wear my correct toes every now and then, but the frequency is decreasing now that the supportive tissues are strong and positioned properly.

Anyway, I hope this info can be shared by you to others that need it, because, again, the whole reason I started this was that I had a feeling, from all of the info I was reading online before, that people were not able to really overcome the MN they were suffering with, and it is beyond frustrating.  Especially when podiatrists might be trying to slam you right into orthotics and then putting you right into crappy shoes again.  Good podiatry means hearing your concerns, looking at the evidence and history of your feet, watching you walk, looking at the shoes you wear, and trying to work backwards for a real restoration of the foot, instead of just trying to mask the symptom or the pain, which would only be temporary.  You will know you are are at the right podiatrist office if they take the time with you and aren't trying to push you into buying something right away.

So, that's an update for anyone interested, as well as some info that might help you if you're working with a podiatrist.  

Bless you all,
Shane

2 comments:

  1. Are you still pain free? I was just diagnosed with MN in both feet - two in my left (2/3, 3/4) one in my right (3/4). I had a cortisone shot today in my right. The podiatrist told me it would be a 50/50 chance I could run again. I have been running forever and now to be four weeks no running I am lost - if I can't run ever I will be so devastated......... everything you read about MN on the web is all negative - I cannot believe that every instance has been failure.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, still pain free! I do not deviate from my outline, though, meaning I still wear the shoes I list, every now and then pop on the Correct Toes, etc. But all is well!

      Delete

Please keep all comments and/or replies respectful.